Saturday, 24 June 2017

Lifestyle | The Making of Harry Potter

Last week I visited The Making of Harry Potter at Warner Brothers in London. I admit - I've visited there around 5/6 times since its opening, but haven't had the chance, the time or the money to re visit since the Hogwarts Express was revealed. With the Forbidden Forest being the new feature, I took along my trusty family member (my dad) to save me from the evil clutches of Aragog and his minions. (Basically to come and protect me. Yes, the fear is real). You have to pre-book tickets and also have an allocated time slot. Trust me, this is the best way of doing it so you can actually see everything instead of pushing your way through the excited crowds. My favourite sets are the Great Hall, Diagon Alley, the Hogwarts bridge, the big pendulum styled clock that was shown in 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkerban' and of course Hogwarts itself. Apart from the ginormous sets and elaborate props along the way, you can also see how the creatures in the film were brought to life through CGI technology and special effects, along with the different camera tricks and techniques. I find this part interesting and also based my dissertation around this so it's always a favourite room of mine. It's intriguing to see and watch some of the characters being brought to life both in reality and on screen. The whole tour takes around 3/3 and a half hours, but you can take longer if you'd like. Hours of exploration, amazement, wonder and magic.





No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS